Customised solutions for the industry:
Please send a request indicating your personal requirements directly to our industry experts. We'll get in touch with you.
Dehumidification in the plastics industry
Put a stop to condensation, material going lumpy and water dents
In the production of plastic parts there are industry-specific problems due to high humidity values and condensation water: Material changes, granules going lumpy, corrosion on injection moulds and water dents on surfaces – all must be prevented by use of a dehumidification system. For the plastics industry our industrial services team puts together solutions for the entire production process.
Humidity – and consequent condensation, especially in the processing steps involving cooling – can cause manifold faults in the production process and the product quality. Most conspicuous are water dents formed during moulding, because of condensate covering the walls of the injection mould. With the required fridge temperatures this problem can only be prevented with very dry air. Less obvious, but nonetheless an issue, are the changes in the plastic quality, when the granules were already contaminated with moisture before processing. Moreover, granules that have gone lumpy and are no longer pourable are hard to transport.
Consultation and drafting concepts for the production of plastics
In short: The plastics industry needs a reliable dehumidification for the entire production process from the delivery of the granules to the hauling paths right up into the injection moulds and not forgetting the cooling steps. Trotec is an experienced manufacturer of devices and measuring technology for process air conditioning and room air conditioning. We have experience with complex solutions in different sectors. The experts of our industrial services team will gladly provide advice in the conception of dehumidification solutions for the plastics production.
Dehumidification of conveying paths right up to the injection mould
At Trotec there are manifold dehumidifiers and other devices of all performance classes available for sector-specific tasks in the plastics industry:
- In order to ensure constant drying of the plastic granulate along all hauling paths, we deploy mobile or stationary desiccant dehumidifiers of the TTR series.
- Tool stocks are for instance kept dry with a compact mobile dehumidifier of the DH series – that way the metal is protected against corrosion and elaborate greasing prior to storage is rendered superfluous.
- The room air in the injection moulding sector is kept dry with precisely controllable desiccant dehumidifiers. Owing to the thus substantially lowered dew points the machine can be operated at temperatures of as low as 5 degrees and without the condensation water leaving any dents.
- Central heating units and fans are used to temper and control air currents.
- The required measurement technology adds to the reliability of the dehumidification system.
Economic operation due to intelligent technology
The high-performance devices of the DH series and the desiccant dehumidifiers of the TTR series come with compelling advantages for process air conditioning and dehumidification in the plastics industry: All device classes are available for all requirement specifications – the plastics industry can obtain the entire system from a single source. Furthermore, they were designed for particularly efficient operation and some come with additional features such as heat recovery, process heat-assisted air heating and low-maintenance operation due to fully-automatic control.
In order to safeguard your profit-earning capacity in case of machine failures or during temporary peak demands TKL, Trotec Rental Division and Europe’s leading equipment hirer, lends their support with more than 10,000 rental appliances and a quick 24-hour delivery service. You can for instance rent:
- Dehumidification units such as desiccant dehumidifiers or industrial dryers
- Heating devices e.g. electric heaters or oil heaters
- Air conditioners, humidifiers, air purification units and odour neutralisers
- Fans, also with Ex-protection, or wind machines
- Thermal imaging cameras
In our TKL rental portal you can find rental appliances of all performance classes at a favourable price!
Application examples for the plastics industry
Upon request, we will readily produce tailor-made desiccant dehumidifiers as special models “made in Germany” perfectly geared to your needs, e.g.:
- TTR industrial desiccant dehumidifiers with hygienic design
- TTR industrial desiccant dehumidifiers for PWIS-free dry air
- TTR industrial desiccant dehumidifiers with extremely low dew point
Makes use of the possibility of having special models with tailored components for your individual needs planned, designed and manufactured in close consultation with our specialists.
Click here to find out more ...
Trotec products for the plastics industry